iP is happy to offer custom digital and risograph printing for all your zine and art needs. We'll bind, score, and help with file layout too — just let us know what you need.
Details and FAQ below. Send us an email for a quote or with any questions: email@example.com
- Up to 100 copies for first run, small orders ok
- Two week turn around for most projects
- Able to provide a range of paper types
- Staple binding is standard, can sew small orders but this will affect cost and timeline
- Risograph ink colors: red, black, blue, green
- Any projects we cannot accommodate ourselves, we are happy to manage with outside collaborators (i.e. perfect bound books, zine orders over 200 copies, spiral binding etc.)
- Send project in PDF format with copy number and paper/binding specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote
Pricing based on standard: 20lb white copy paper, 5.5''x8.5'' booklet, staple bound, no bleed
- Black & White: $0.04 per page of zine
- Color: $0.23 per page of zine (for runs under 30 copies)
- Color: $0.10 per page of zine (for runs OVER 30 copies)
- Additions to price: cardstock covers, gloss paper, trimming for bleed, sewn binding etc.
- Master: $1 (each 8.5''x11'' page of project requires 1 master)
10 page project maximum
- Pages: $0.10 per side (per color; red, green, blue, black) and $0.20 if more than one color
- Paper: additional to printing cost, sliding scale
- File prep: $35 if not print ready
- $35 minimum per project (for set up)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a quote?
What do I need to send?
The project you want printed/designed
Size and page number (e.g. 8.5''x11'' letter sized paper folded to 5.5''x8.5'' booklet)
When you need it (our turnaround for any standard project is 2 wks)
Special notes (paper type, whether or not it bleeds, hardcopy proof etc.)
Please send us PDFs! Whether you are working in Pages, Word, InDesign, Illustrator, or Googledocs, export as a PDF!
All saddle-stitch (stapled) zines must have a page count divisible by 4 (4 pages print on 1 sheet of paper).
All images/pages that intend to bleed off of the sheet (for a no border look) must be at least 1/8'' over-sized.
We can assist with all this but please keep in mind that file setup/changes start at $35. Advice, tips, and questions are free though!
What is bleed?!
File setup should look like the following:
I'm short on cash!
We know it's tough! That's why we are here. Let us know your budget or ask us ways in which you can save money (i.e. by using paper we already have, changing the size or number of pages, ordering more up front and paying in two parts).
Don't let your wages stop you from making and sharing your art.